Thursday, July 31, 2008

Two new chairs!

I found two more chairs to add to my collection of chairs to refinish for the dining room! They were even more of a steal: $5 for the darker one and $8 for the lighter one.



As you can see, there is a bit of a wrinkle in purchasing used furniture: Cats are not sure what to make of all the smells you are bringing into the house. I think this is mainly upside, but if you brought smells they didn't like it could be a downside. Imagine them marking the chairs (not that my cats do that, but I hear that many some late- or not-fixed tomcats do.)

These chairs fit in pretty well with the ones I bought earlier for $10 each, even though they weren't really supposed to.




And I have some Behr paint swatches to compare, too. I'm a little perplexed by paint, though. Even if it's still cost effective for me to buy a separate quart of paint to use on each chair, it is certainly wasteful to do so. There's no way it's going to take a quart to cover a single chair. What am I going to do with the leftovers? Aren't they hazardous waste?

No comments: